Work with us!
We are hiring for a new Happy Cat Team Member
Must be available to work every Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday
Work will be located at 4171 Fraser Street, Vancouver
29 hours a week with potential for more
Starting rate of $22.00/hr + vacation pay + staff discount
Who are we?
Happy Cat Feline Essentials is a small, independent pet supply store that focuses exclusively on cats!! We aim to provide a supportive, relaxed and fun workplace that values its team as full human beings and doesn’t squeeze all the life energy out of them. We offer a curated range of high quality products, knowledgeable and non-judgmental service and generally try to be a positive space for all cat people in this city.
Our core values
- Approachable, ethical co-creation and community building.
- Re-defining authenticity + mindfulness by showing up as you are, where you are right now, and by meeting others where they are right now.
Compensation rates are set by mutual agreement between the employee and Happy Cat. Factors for wage rates & raises include cost of living and financial health of the company. Employment is based on an as-needed basis, however we aim to provide a supportive, stable and constantly improving place of employment to the best of our ability. We are working towards being able to pay the Living Wage to all our employees and being able to offer more benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing our customers with warm, authentic and helpful service
- Moving stock from warehouse to shop floor, restocking and merchandising
- Preparing orders for delivery and reporting to the delivery manager
- Driving the Happy Cat van
- General cleaning and organization
Qualifications and Skills
- A passion for cats, and all companion animals
- Valid Driver’s License
- A good memory for details
- Ability to lift and move 40lbs, multiple times, every day
- Previous retail experience
- Creative background with an eye for display and merchandising
- Experience with Shopify
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply!
Deadline of September 20th - we need someone who can be available from October.